Next Steps After Surgeon Visit
I think I should start charging for looks at my belly!
The appointment with the surgeon went well. He remoted the drain tube and explained there are 3 likely scenarios. First scenario is the two drain holes heal over and the Intervention Radiologist’s (IR) are able to insert a new feeding tube. Second scenario is that the IR isn’t able to connect with the bowel and then surgery would be required. The third scenario is that the wounds do not heal due to the infection returning. Again, surgery would be required after dealing with the infection. I select scenario one! If that’s the way it plays out, the IR process would be in 4-5 weeks. We will wait and see with many more belly viewings.
In the mean time, we plan to go to the lake next week. We have two more projects this year. We are having two windows replaced in our bedroom and we are having the stair chair lift moved from the shop to the living room. I will not be able to use it but other family and friends may find it useful.
Another project I have started is designing my last program. I have desi many programs over my career and consider it one of strengths. I am designing my memorial service with our pastor’s full blessings. I am enjoying the process of selecting music, scripture, and some unique processes. Of course I am invoking family and others impacted. A grand final act,
That is the latest. Stay in touch. I value all your communication.
Neil and Ingrid, you’re two of the strongest people I know! So glad you’re trekking up north to your ‘happy place’. You and your pre ious family are in my daily prayers.🙏
ReplyDelete🙏🙏
ReplyDeleteI have no doubt your grand final act will be incredibly organized and a wonderful way for everyone to share their love for you. Meanwhile, I’m most looking forward to the many grand acts we can still enjoy together now!
ReplyDeleteAs for the charging for looks at your belly, I still think you should surprise your surgeon on your next visit with having it decorated somehow 😁