Another Try

 We went to Michigagan’s main hospital to get my feeding tube replaced. They scheduled me with Radiology Intervention. They had a built in Hoyer lift system and lots of assistance. The transfer from the gurney to the radiology table was with a neat inflatable pad underneath me that felt like they floated e between gurney and table. Very smooth.

The radiology table had a 50” monitor to the Sid and a moveable device taking pictures. I couldn’t really see the screen but it was directly in front of the doctor.

There were about 7 people in the operating room; the primary doctor, a resident doctor, a head/teaching nurse, a nurse intern, and several others I couldn’t figure their role. A real full room. The primary doctor huddled everyone and reviewed what they were doing including plan a, b, and c. The resident was doing the procedure under close supervision of the doctor.  Conversation was predominantly about the music selection. 

All went smoothly and they stuck to plan a. I now have a new functional feeding tube. 

What a relief it is to have this in the rear view mirror. I was rather worried about it all We are working with the pharmacist as to which pills can be crushed or come in liquid form.

Another piece of good news is that the brain to computer research project has been invited to resubmit. I am identified as the director of the advisory committee. We will see..

Comments

  1. A good week all around Dad! Grateful for the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so glad to read this, Neil! Steps in the right direction!🐾🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was us, Neil!😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another ALS Clinic

Remember Me by What I Loved

If at First…..