Wait, Wait, Now!

 Today was the pre-surgery meeting. In Chelsea. At 8:45. So we  arranged for our night aide to leave by 7:00 and we were out the door around 7:15. We made it right at 8:45 as we have loading, construction, and unloading to deal with. The meeting was about an hour and included an ekg and blood draw. I think all these medical people enjoy doing an ekg to see my a-fib in action. They always laugh and ask if I notice the irregularities. And we move on. The blood draw was necessary as my last test showed potassium was a bit low. Today’s results were back in the normal range. The conclusion is I’m cleared for surgery. Next Friday I’ll get a shinny feeding tube added to my anatomy.

The actual surgery will be 9:30 next Friday. Another early morning. We need to be there by 7:30. Surgery will last somewhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours! Quite the range. Then I will be in the hospital between 3-5 days. Again, not precise but data to work with.

We had a list of questions but as noted above, the answers had lots of impressions and caveats. We have had enough experience to know events associated with surgery depend on how various proceeding events happen. So many questions were answered with “It depends”. 

So now we know when the show begins and the main plot but will have to wait until the start to know all the sub-plots and, hopefully few surprises.

Comments

  1. Hoping this is the most boring show we’ve ever watched and the pilot isn’t picked up for a series! Whatever is ahead, we’ll be there with you, Dad. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another ALS Clinic

Remember Me by What I Loved

If at First…..