After Market Accessory Installation

 Today was my surgery for adding a feeding tube. This is a tube with one end sticking out of my belly and the other end inserted through the wall of my stomach. Right now, this will provide an alternative to swallowing larger pills and insuring I’m getting enough protein. After healing, I will still be able to eat and drink by mouth.

The day started early by scrubbing my belly with a surgical soap, completing packing for our vacation, and loading the van. Sara and Patrick were in town and were very helpful. Carla met us at the hospital and, as usual, was helpful.

Surgery kept being delayed once we arrived. We got started about 11:00. Actual surgery took a little over 2 hours. According to the surgeon, all went well. Another hour in recovery. And then moved to the ICU floor as a precaution. Great care. 

Ingrid is stayin in the room with me as planned. I have a protein fluid being pumped through the tube through the night.

See how all goes and I feel in the morning. For now, all seem to be operating as promised and discussed.

Comments

  1. So glad to hear that all went well. We thought about you all day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another ALS Clinic

Remember Me by What I Loved

If at First…..